Mary is an integrated therapist with expertise in the Equine Assisted Therapy field. Mary is compassionate, committed, professional and well-educated therapist using effective communication and relationship-building abilities to support vulnerable children, young people and adults. Skilled in establishing a strong therapeutic alliance and comprehensive experience in conducting therapy with children, adolescents, individuals, couples and families and groups in a variety of settings.
Mary has had a vast variety of therapy roles, from a being a school counsellor, horse assisted therapist, a drug and alcohol counsellor and a private practitioner.
She brings this hugely varies experience and knowledge to our children and young people, including facilitating HALT sessions (Horse Assisted Therapy and Learning).
- First Class BA Hons, Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, June 2009
- Diploma, Person Centred Counselling, July 2002
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, June 2000
- EAGALA Equine Assisted Psychotherapy training Part One & Two
- Workshop with Human Equine Alliance for Learning