© All Rights Reserved 2023
Having worked in various social care settings prior to founding Elysian in 2015, Charlotte initially garnered extensive knowledge in supporting individuals with complex needs across different age groups. Throughout her career, she has held diverse positions and managed multidisciplinary teams in numerous settings. Charlotte dedicated many years to children’s residential care, and possesses over a decade of experience in children’s rights, participation, and user involvement, advocating for their voices to be heard in decision-making processes.
Charlotte has also served as a Family Specialist, contributing to various commissioning roles and collaborating with families, children, and young people across diverse needs, ages, and dispositions. She has assumed responsibilities for projects, environments, and strategic initiatives aimed at improving the lives of individuals and families. Charlotte has managed services across the sector, and leadership roles have encompassed team and service management, training, supervision, quality assurance, and overall administration.
Charlotte champions the rights of children and young people. Charlotte has a strong belief in the transformative power of animals, which has fueled her passion for incorporating animal-assisted interventions into an informal therapy and educational setting.
Charlotte has participated in a plethora of training courses, and her more formal qualifications are listed below:
- PHD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Management (complete July 2024)
- MA – Master of Arts in Leadership in Education
- PG Cert – Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Health and Social Care
- PG Cert – Postgraduate Certificate in Critical Practice with Children and Young People
- BSc – (Bachelor of Science) Foundation – Psychology and Counselling
- BA (Hons) – Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology and Youth Studies
- BA (Hons) – Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Social Work
- Adv Dip – Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Practitioner – Animal Assisted Therapy Level 3 Practitioner
- Advanced Certified EAP – Certified Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAGALA)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner – PRINCE2 Project Management Advanced Practitioner
- CAFCASS Parenting Course Trainer, Planning together for Children and Co-Parenting programme
- Crisis Intervention Trainer, First Aid, Health and Safety Level 2, various Safeguarding, supervision, and other relevant certified training in health, social care, and therapy areas.