Confidence and skills building for 10 -16 year olds!
Children and young people will be divided in age/needs appropriate groups.
We have loved planning these and we are very confident every person that comes to any of our confidence camps will love it!
These camps focus on increasing confidence whilst having fun and learning new skills.
Suitable for those who:
- Love animals
- Love being outside
- Want to meet new friends
- Want to learn more about animal care
- Want to feel more confident and/or reduce mild/moderate social anxiety
- Want to learn how to look after a whole range of animals
The camps are centered around participants undertaking work experience mixed with fun activities based on age, needs and abilities, and interacting with all the animals on the farm.
The morning session starts at 10.00am, and finish at 12pm, and the afternoon session starts at 1.00pm and finish at 3pm. Participants may sign up to one or both sessions during the day, and they can attend as many or as few as they would like to. We expect they will be booked up very quickly so if you’re interested – don’t miss your chance! Please note, that if your young person wishes to attend the morning and afternoon session, they will need to be collected in between as we are not able to facilitate a lunch break.
Every session has a varied activity programme suitable for that age group/level of need, which may include:
- Arrive and sit together around a table with small animals while we talk through the day and any health and safety information and instructions.
- Name game – team building activities to break the ice and learn each other’s names and choosing activities for the afternoon.
- Feeding animals, walking to the sheep field, feeding them, interacting with the lambs
- Taking the llamas for a walk together
- Farm and animal care activities such as poo picking or weeding horses fields while we interact with the herd of horses, or tidying/cleaning goats fields while we spend time with the goats.
- A popular activity is where we have a Pony Play session where we collect the Shetland ponies from the field, groom them, lead them and do a racing or in hand jumping competition
- The group will always have at least one chosen activity (e.g take snake or goats out for a walk etc.) each session
- Morning session begins with feeding animals and the afternoon sessions end with feeding animals
The programmes are tailored to the groups ages, abilities and needs. The groups are lead by staff with and expertise in working therapeutically with children, young people, with a range of needs. The camps overall aim is to increase confidence through appropriately challenging yet enjoyable activities. Children and young people wishing to take part in this camp, must be able to attend without an accompanying adult and work with practical tasks, following instructions, within a group environment
Facilitated by fully vetted staff with enhanced DBSs.
To book please follow the Book Button. We will send you a form to complete (which you can also complete at drop off) giving us necessarily medical details, consent forms and full contact details. Please note we may need to cancel sessions if attendance is low.
Please do not bring any animals on site, and please note food and drink must not be consumed outside on the farm. We practice social distancing guidelines and in the main the sessions will be outside with the animals.
When you arrive at Elysian, please park in the Elysian visitors parking and a member of staff will greet you at the gate at the session start time.