Confidence and skills building for 10 -16 year olds!
Children and young people will be divided in age/needs appropriate groups.
We have loved planning these and we are very confident every person that comes to any of our confidence camps will love it!
These camps focus on increasing confidence whilst having fun and learning new skills.
Suitable for those who:
- Love animals
- Love being outside
- Want to meet new friends
- Want to learn more about animal care
- Want to learn how to look after a whole range of animals
The camps are centered around participants undertaking work experience mixed with fun activities based on age, needs and abilities, and interacting with all the animals on the farm.
The afternoon session starts at 1pm and finishes at 3pm. We expect they will be booked up very quickly so if you’re interested – don’t miss your chance!
Every session has a varied activity programme suitable for that age group/level of need, which may include:
- Arrive and sit together around a table with small animals while we talk through the day and any health and safety information and instructions.
- Name game – team building activities to break the ice and learn each other’s names and choosing activities for the afternoon.
- Feeding animals, walking to the sheep field, feeding them, interacting with the lambs
- Taking the llamas for a walk together
- Farm and animal care activities such as poo picking or weeding horses fields while we interact with the herd of horses, or tidying/cleaning goats fields while we spend time with the goats.
- A popular activity is where we have a Pony Play session where we collect the Shetland ponies from the field, groom them, lead them and do a racing or in hand jumping competition
- The group will always have at least one chosen activity (e.g take snake or goats out for a walk, ferret racing etc.) each session
- Morning session begins with feeding animals and the afternoon sessions end with feeding animals
The programmes are tailored to the groups ages, abilities and needs. The groups are lead by staff with and expertise in working therapeutically with children, young people, with a range of needs. The camps overall aim is to increase confidence through appropriately challenging yet enjoyable activities. Children and young people wishing to take part in this camp, must be able to attend without an accompanying adult and work with practical tasks, following instructions, within a group environment.
Facilitated by fully vetted staff with enhanced DBSs.
Please do not bring any animals on site, or food and drink (due to health and safety regulations).
When you arrive at Elysian, you will see a car park. Park inside the car park, and the staff at Elysian will meet you at the gate at the event start time. They will then take you to the hand wash to wash your hands before the sessions starts. Please note when booking your session that we may need to cancel the session if attendance is going to be low.
The sessions will be outside, and we practice social distancing guidelines. Masks are optional while we are outside. Please dress for the farm where it can get quite muddy. Make sure you have the following with you, waterproofs, wellie boots or walking boots and a sunhat as you never know what the British weather is going to do!